WHEN: Monday evening, January 14, 2013, 7:00-9:00 PM
WHERE: Northwest School of the Arts Media Center
1415 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, NC 28216
WHAT: Our annual winter socializing and networking event – This is a great way to start off the new year! Refreshments are included – please bring a contribution, if you wish. We’ll have some great giveaways, too, but you have to be a member and attend the meeting to win!
This is a free event.
Our meeting includes all of the following:
- Our annual book swap — Bring adult books you’ve finished or don’t want any longer and swap them for books you DO want to read. Almost as much fun as shopping in your sister’s or friend’s closet……
- A book DONATION opportunity, in support of Promising Pages, a local charity: www.promisingpages.com — Please bring new and gently used children’s books. baby to age 18, to donate to low-income families in the Charlotte area!
- A discussion of books in the E-world, with info on getting more out of your E-books and E-readers, plus online resources for digital book formats, as well as for book clubs and book reviews — websites, apps, blogs, Facebook pages, and so forth. This obviously will not be the end-all on these subjects, but we will offer a good chance to share information and learn some valuable tips and tricks on making use of all of this technology about books. We may have some ways to get free books, too!
- KOBO e-readers and e-books information from Sally Brewster at Park Road Books — where you can buy both KOBO readers and e-books.
- NOOK e-readers and e-books information from Barnes & Noble in Charlotte.
Members — WE NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS! We’re compiling a list of these online resources for using e-books and e-readers, plus book reviews and book club sites. These include websites, apps, blogs, Facebook pages, whatever. We will post this list on the WNBA-Charlotte website in the near future. Please send the names and links for any websites, apps, blogs, Facebook pages, etc. that you use/read and think are good and worthwhile, to Liz Romanek [ email@example.com ] and to Susan Walker [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] so we can compile this handy list of resources.
THANKS in advance for your help with this, everyone. We look forward to seeing you at the January 14 meeting!