IF YOU MISSED THIS MEETING, CLICK ON THIS POST TO GET AN EXCELLENT SUMMARY OF OUR DISCUSSION OF THE BOOK BIZ! Thank you so much for posting this blog, Rebecca Lane Beittel!
Monday, March 12, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
at Park Road Books, Park Road Shopping Center
4139 Park Road, Charlotte 28209
Our panel of experienced book industry representatives, many from our own WNBA ranks, will discuss how a book goes from the idea stage to the finished book for sale to the reading public. Come with your questions about the book biz and join in this sure-to-be-lively discussion!
- independent editor Carin Siegfried of Carin Siegfriend Editorial;
- agent Quinlan Lee of Adams Literary;
- Nancy Clare Morgan, former Publicity Manager with Random House, Inc.;
- Angela Harwood, VP of Sales & Marketing at John F. Blair Publisher;
- Amanda Phillips, MarComm Manager at distributor/wholesaler Baker & Taylor;
- independent bookseller Sally Brewster of Park Road Books;
- novelist Marybeth Whalen, author of SHE MAKES IT LOOK EASY and THE MAILBOX;
- and independent book marketing, sales and promotion consultant Susan Walker.
photo: Carin Siegfried